The holiday season can be overwhelming from multiple angles – family, travel plans, dinners, gathering after gathering, presents, more presents, and a lot of presents. And for those of us who work in marketing/advertising, we know how hectic it can get with the holiday season around the corner.
We see marketing campaign after marketing campaign. Moodboard after moodboard. And client requests after client requests. The requests are endless and so is time.
If you’re looking for some tips on how to market your brand/product/service during the holiday season, we’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled a summary of all the things you should take into account.
1. Offer customers an experience they’ll want to pay for or simply something that’ll make their lives easier during the holiday season. From recipes to gift ideas, they’ll love you for it.
2. Use the holiday season to show clients how valuable they are to you through personalized marketing campaigns, emails, and messages. This will, in turn, encourage them to purchase from your business during the season.
3. Don’t wait till the last minute to start your holiday campaign. Set your marketing calendar months in advance, as early as August, to be able to roll out in November. The earlier you start, the more time you’ll have to brainstorm ideas.
4. The holidays are all about gifting loved ones, your customers included! People tend to purchase more from businesses that offer free rewards with certain products/services. It could even be something as simple as free shipping. Every cent counts.
5. Provide a 360-view of your products through webrooming. You can do this by showcasing your products from different angles using professional photos and videos. This will give shoppers the chance to browse through your products as if they were in a real store.
6. Take email marketing very seriously during the holiday season. Make sure to send out emails every now and then to remind users of your offerings and rewards during the holidays.
7. Engage with users as much as possible. Ask for their opinion and interact with them to establish a real connection with them during the holidays.
8. Hashtags will forever stick in the minds of consumers if done right! Make sure to think about what hashtags you’d like to associate with your marketing campaign and make sure it is something that sticks!
9. Festive ads embrace the holiday spirit, allowing consumers to relate to your brand as a vibrant and joyful one.
10. Remarket your business to people who have already shown interest in your site, products, or services. If what you’re offering is up to their standards, they’ll definitely want to purchase.
11. Embrace all emotions during the holiday season and through your social media marketing campaign. Share inspirations and behind-the-scenes of your work!
12. Video marketing is essential as 90% of users rely on video to make a purchase. Keep that in mind.
13. Don’t limit your marketing to the product you’re aiming to sell. Market your brand in the same way you market your products. That is the only way you’d be able to make a lasting connection with consumers.